Yes, Paige Worthy is my real name.
And yes, I’m a writer. Kind of perfect, right?
But my parents didn’t give me this name knowing I’d become who I am today. I considered just about every other profession before I got here.
Since I graduated with my journalism degree in 2005, I’ve worked full time in newspaper editing, magazine writing and editing, and all kinds of marketing — but I’ve been living this flashy, high-roller freelancer lifestyle since 2011. So I’m currently seeking contract work and a sugar daddy. Serious about the first part. Kidding about the second, unless…do you know someone?
Here for the blog?
Enjoy that infuriating blend of East Coast snark and Midwest sugar. I started doing this back in 2001 (holler, LiveJournal!) but have been writing since I could hold a pen. Paige Worthy: Overanalyzing life and love way before Carrie Bradshaw made it sexy. (Oh, and it’s not sexy when I do it.)
More about me!
What else, what else…
- I can see the Brown Line from my apartment in Lincoln Square, on Chicago’s north side.
- I haven’t owned a car since 2006.
- I recently discovered the joy of Bears football.
- I have two cats, and they are better than yours.
- Some friends and I came up with #CAPSLOCKTHURS, where we tweet in all caps on Thursdays. (Obviously.)
- I have a penchant for soy chai lattes from Starbucks.
- I own too many scarves to fit in my coat closet.
- I would eat Thai takeout for every meal if that weren’t…completely disgusting.
Think I’m awesome? Want to hire me?
Stalk me a little, and let’s talk.
Those buttons up there? On the left? Click ‘em — they link to my Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ (“What? People use that?” …no.) and Instagram profiles. Explore! Send me a message. Like something I’ve posted. Retweet me, for heaven’s sake.
You can also send me a good, ol’-fashioned e-mail at email@example.com.
Don’t have writing work for me right now? Well, if all else fails, leave really nice comments on my blog, and we’ll be friends.
If you want.